Thursday 22 October 2009

Speaking to Inform - Project 1 The Speech to Inform

The goal is to become a professional speaker with the following profile description:

Eu Jin will entertain, provide practical advice and inspire native and non-native speakers to deliver their ideas with confidence.

This description is also listed in my Speakers Bureau profile description http://www.capitalcommunicators.org/page2.html

After completing my Competent Communication manual, I am on my journey to give speeches from advance manuals (a world that is full of excitements, a dimension that would lead me to unknown opportunities). As a stepping stone to become a professional speaker, I had chosen two advance manuals to start of with, i.e.
  • Speaking to Inform and
  • Storytelling.
Now the challenge is to plant the spirit as described in my profile description in all the speech projects from the above two manuals.

As I have been given the opportunity to speak for the coming Toastmasters meeting, 27 October 2009, I decided to give a speech which satisfies the objectives of Project 1 The Speech to Inform from the Speaking to Inform manual.

After a long thought, the outline of my first advance speech could be summarised as follows:
  • My speech title is ... Don't be afraid, Let's Smile
  • After listening to my speech... the audience will understand by practising to smile at people will allow one to develop the confidence in delivering their ideas.
  • Introduction - Telling the audience of my great big smile and my journey of smiling through my speeches
  • Body point #1 - Smile = Research to show the power of smiling, explain how smiling could benefit in developing self confidence when delivering an ideas,
  • Body point #2 - show the impact of smiling/not smiling on the introduction story
  • Body point #3 - when to use/not to use it
  • Conclusion - Re-emphasis the 3 points.

No comments: